If you met poorer than expected IO performance with ESX3 using IET, you might meet this alignment issue. VMWare has detailed explanation on how to align the VM partition.
One “Cache Blocking Technique” is well explained here.
Steffen shared another IET recipe with some nice features:
- active/passive storage controller
- configuration management across cluster
- dynamic updating of running ietd environment
- dynamically add new targets and LUNs
- handle size changes of LUNs
- logical volume backup
Pfilzer will cut 10K people. Yes, I know it is not an IT company, but
- IT industry depends on other industries. For example, consider how many computers, network equipments, and storage Pfilzer need to buy and manage.
- I like one guy said here “You can’t cost-cut your way to prosperity,”. We saw soooo many cut, lay-off, reduce in workforce, restructure, in IT industries. But will this really heal the problem and lead to prosperity? 😉