One “Cache Blocking Technique” is well explained here.
Archive for January, 2007
Steffen shared another IET recipe with some nice features:
- active/passive storage controller
- configuration management across cluster
- dynamic updating of running ietd environment
- dynamically add new targets and LUNs
- handle size changes of LUNs
- logical volume backup
Pfilzer will cut 10K people. Yes, I know it is not an IT company, but
- IT industry depends on other industries. For example, consider how many computers, network equipments, and storage Pfilzer need to buy and manage.
- I like one guy said here “You can’t cost-cut your way to prosperity,”. We saw soooo many cut, lay-off, reduce in workforce, restructure, in IT industries. But will this really heal the problem and lead to prosperity? ;)
Here lists detailed information about every H1B. No privacy at all! Sigh…
Last night had a good time when watched 24 from FOX. One scenario is that some highly useful information was recovered from an exploded laptop hard drive. After equipping with all fancy high technologies, they still forgot to do FDE. Just being curious, I should google and see how fast a computer forensicist can deal with an AES encrypted hard drive. Can he/she do it in 24 hours? ;)
Seems hard to find some information about how to tune PCI latency timer for maximum performance. So try to dump what I can find.
A nice writeup on DRBD list about how to setup a HA configuration for Xen.
Tuning IBM eServer xSeries Servers for Performance is a IBM redbook about tuning performance on their servers. There are still some nice general concepts and hints.